At Kawartha Cottage Vacations, the health and safety of our clients is our number one concern. We try our best to ensure cottages are clean and that cottage owners have the resources necessary to follow these guidelines. Now more than ever, we know that cleanliness is at the forefront of everyone’s mind.
If you ever have questions about our protocols, feel free to reach out to one of our representatives.
Your cottage cleaning checklist
- Wash your hands thoroughly before beginning.
- Wear disposable gloves, a new pair for each cleaning.
- Ventilate rooms. Open windows 30 minutes prior to starting to clean to circulate the air and have them open during cleaning.
- Clean and disinfect. Cleaning is when you use soap or detergent and water to remove dirt, germs and impurities. Disinfecting refers to the use of chemicals like bleach or alcohol to kill germs. Doing both is the best way to reduce the spread of infection.
- Don’t forget frequently touched areas: light switches, remotes, faucets, door knobs.
- Wash all linens at the highest heat setting.
- Have the unit stocked up on all cleaning supplies: wipes, paper towel, toilet paper, all-purpose cleaner, new sponges, garbage bags, etc.
What to clean and disinfect
Fan and lamp chains
Window sills and window handles
Garbage and recycling bins
Cabinet handles and pulls
Appliances: oven, toaster, pressure cooker, coffee maker, etc.
Condiments: oil, salt and pepper shakers, commonly used spices and containers, etc.
Showers and tubs
Shower curtains and doors
BBQ handles and touch areas
Lawn/outdoor furniture (tables, especially hand/arm rests on chairs)
Please visit the CDC website for more information on COVID-19—and be sure to review any guidelines published by your local government or health authorities.